If you struggle with dental anxiety, you know how hard it is to get your regular dental check ups, let alone other necessary procedures. It could be that you had a bad dental experience in the past. Maybe you are very sensitive to pain. Whatever troubles you about dental visits, it is in your best interest to see the dentist, so your smile can remain beautiful and healthy.
At Salt Lake Dental Care, our caring, well-trained team is committed to helping you overcome your dental anxiety. We do this with conscious sedation. While we have a variety of options, one very popular method is oral conscious sedation.
What is Oral Conscious Sedation?
This method is a pill we give you to take right before your next appointment. This pill will help you relax during your visit with us for a better dental experience.
What are the advantages of Oral Conscious Sedation?
Oral conscious sedation has many advantages, including:
- Conscious sedation is not meant to make you sleep, though you will be drowsy. Also, you will need transportation to and from our office.
- With oral conscious sedation, you are relaxed and less apt to react to outside stimuli, such as the sounds of dental instruments.
- Your dental anxiety may diminish or even disappear.
- You may find that you feel less pain during your dental procedures because being relaxed also means you are less prone to tense up as we work.
- Your sedation dentist may be able to perform more than one procedure during your appointment, which saves you time.
If you struggle with dental anxiety, Salt Lake Dental Care is ready to help you get the treatments you want and need. Our Murray, UT office provides a pleasant, relaxing environment. Call today if you need a Salt Lake City dentist that can serve your sedation needs. We are also happy to serve West Jordan and Sandy!