If you struggle with dental anxiety, you know how hard it is to get your regular dental check ups. It could be you had a bad dental experience in the past, or you are very sensitive to pain, or some other issue. Whatever it is that troubles you, it is in your best interest to see the dentist, so your smile can be beautiful and healthy.
At Salt Lake Dental Care, Dr. Blackwood and our caring, well-trained team are committed to helping you overcome your dental anxiety. The way we do this is with dental sedation. We offer several dental sedation methods. One very popular method is oral conscious sedation.
What is Oral Conscious Sedation?
Oral conscious sedation is, simply put, a pill we administer to you that you will take right before your next appointment. This pill will help you relax during your visit with us.
What are the advantages of Oral Conscious Sedation?
- Conscious sedation is not meant to make you sleep, though you will be drowsy and will need transportation to and from our office.
- With oral conscious sedation, you are relaxed and less apt to react to outside stimuli such as the sounds of dental instruments and other stressors.
- You may not even remember the procedure at all when you have used oral conscious sedation.
- Your dental anxiety may diminish and even disappear.
- You may find that you feel less pain during your dental procedures because when your dental anxiety is lessened, you may not tense up as much. This means you may not feel as much pain.
- Your sedation dentist can perform more than one procedure during your appointment, which saves you time.
If you struggle with dental anxiety in Salt Lake City, Dr. Blackwood is ready to help you get the treatments you want and need. Our Murray, UT office provides a pleasant, relaxing environment. Call today if you are in Murray or Sandy, Utah and are interested in dental sedation!