Does your dental fear prevent you from going to the dentist? Does the idea of going to the dentist make you extremely anxious? It could be you know you need dental care, perhaps you have a toothache, but you your dental fear makes it just too hard to get to the dentist. Or maybe you have decided you’d like to get a cosmetic dentistry procedure like teeth whitening, dental veneers or Invisalign clear braces, but your dental fear is preventing you from seeing your dentist.
If you have dental fear, you aren’t alone. Millions of Americans avoid seeing the dentist because of dental fear and their health suffers because of it. That is why Dr. Blackwood at Salt Lake Dental Care offers dental sedation to help his patients feel comfortable and relaxed while getting their dental treatments.
One of the dental sedation methods we offer is IV Sedation. IV Sedation administers medicine through an IV. This medicine helps you relax and feel less anxious.
What are the advantages of IV Sedation?
- IV sedation is carefully monitored by your sedation dentist, so intravenous sedation is customized to you, your needs and what is healthiest and most beneficial to you.
- With intravenous sedation, you will feel relaxed, so outside stimulation like the sounds of dental procedures may not bother you at all.
- You will be awake and aware with intravenous sedation, but you may not remember much of the procedure.
- Because you may have no dental fear and are so relaxed because of the intravenous sedation treatment, oftentimes we can perform more than one procedure in one appointment, which saves you time!
- Many of our patients have told us that because they are so relaxed with IV sedation, they actually feel less pain during their dental treatments.
Because the medicine in IV sedation stays in your body for a while, you will need to have transportation from your visit with us.
If you are concerned about seeing your dentist, we are committed to giving you a pleasant experience here at Salt Lake Dental Care in Murray, UT. Dr. Blackwood and his team are here to put Salt Lake City residents at ease when it comes to dental care! If you have any questions about intravenous sedation or would like to make an appointment, call today! We see patients from all over the area, including West Jordan and Sandy, Utah.