Does your dental fear prevent you from going to the dentist? Does the idea of going to the dentist make you cringe? It could be that you know you need dental care due to toothaches or bleeding gums, but you are too anxious to schedule the visit. Maybe you have been thinking about cosmetic dentistry procedures like teeth whitening, dental veneers, or Invisalign clear braces, but your dental fear is keeping you from reviving your beautiful smile.
If you have dental fear, you aren’t alone. Millions of Americans avoid seeing the dentist because of anxiety over dental procedures. As a result, their overall health suffers. If you need a dentist in Murray, Salt Lake Dental Care offers dental sedation to help patients feel comfortable and relaxed while getting their dental treatments.
One of the dental sedation methods we offer is IV sedation. This medicine, administered intravenously, helps you relax and feel less anxious while in the chair.
What are the advantages of IV Sedation?
IV sedation has a plethora of advantages, including:
- IV sedation is carefully monitored by your sedation dentist, so intravenous sedation is customized to your unique needs.
- With intravenous sedation, you will feel relaxed, so outside stimulation—like the sounds of dental instruments—may not bother you at all.
- You will be awake and aware with intravenous sedation.
- We may be able to perform more than one procedure at your appointment, which saves you time!
- Many of our patients have told us they feel less pain because they are so relaxed during our procedures.
Because the medicine in IV sedation takes time to dissipate, you will need to have transportation from your visit with us.
We are committed to giving you a pleasant experience here at Salt Lake Dental Care in Murray, UT. Our team is here to put Salt Lake City residents at ease when it comes to dental care! If you have any questions about intravenous sedation or would like to make an appointment, call today! We see patients from all over the area, including West Jordan and Sandy, Utah.